Skin care is basic necessity to look vibrant in every season especially Monsoon. Though Monsoon season is such an amazing weather to enjoy, but at the same time season also brings along diseases and a threat to our skin and hair. However, all it requires extra care for the skin. It is the time when immunity level of our body tends to be low. This can be because of contamination’s that are fringed all over the place. Just like how it influences our health, so it does to the skin. During the rains, both the skin and hair suffer due to high humidity. Sweat and oil deposits make the skin and hair really dull. So, adjust your skin and hair care routine according to the season.
Here are some tips that you can use to take care of your Skin in this monsoon season:
- Wash your face: The pores of your skin tend to get clogged with dirt and pollutants during monsoon causing the outbreak of pimples and rashes. So, it is important to wash your face two to three times a day, It unclogs pores and removes dirt, pollutants, dead skin cells, etc. Cleansing your face is the first step to start a skin care routine. There are various soap-free cleansers available for all skin types from sensitive and dry to oily.
- Drink enough water: Water has lots of advantages and it takes care of the skin, health as well as hair. Drinking plenty of water during monsoon takes care of the skin and keeps the glow. Drinking 8-10 glasses of water in a day will help in keeping the skin healthy and keep all other skin problems away. This will also help in flushing away the toxins and maintaining a fresh-looking skin.
- Don’t use loud makeup: Try not to wear lot of makeup as it can clog your skin pores and cause break-outs. Even if you are, go for a minimal or light make-up and make sure you clean it well before going to the bed. Use makeup remover for removal of long wearing makeup, cotton pads or cotton balls and be gentle to your soft skin.
- Use moisturizer: The humidity that the rainy season brings can make your skin dry and dull. So, it is important to use nourishing moisturizer during monsoon especially in nights. Night is the time when the skin tries to repair itself on its own, therefore applying moisturizer helps in reducing the wrinkles and maintains the glow of the skin.
- Tone Your Skin: Toning helps to remove the excess dirt that cleansing could not do. Due to exposure to the rain, the skin pores tend to be clogged. Toning helps in hydrating the clogged pores. Do not forget to tone your skin once in a while for removing the excess dirt.
- Eat Well and Healthy: The benefits of eating green vegetables and fruits go hand in hand. Rich in antioxidants, fruits help in maintaining the luster of your skin. So, this monsoon season include some fats in your diet to keep your skin moist and healthy.
- Use Homemade face packs: Monsoon isn’t a season to try something different for your skin and hair. So stop using any market made packs for your face and body and try out some kitchen ingredients to make homemade packs. Make any homemade face pack with 3-4 kitchen fixings and you will see an unbelievable change in your skin.
- Apply sunscreen: A sunscreen is important for any skin type. It protects the skin from pigmentation, skin cancer, and premature aging. Be it any season, sunscreen is something which stays permanent all through each season. It is a total misconception that sunscreen can only be used during the summer season. During monsoon or winter, even though the rays of the sun may not seem harsh, it can as well damage your skin; therefore applying a sunscreen should be something you must not miss. So, choose a sunscreen suitable for your skin type and wear it whenever you step outside.
- Apply Honey: Honey has anti-inflammatory qualities and act as the best natural moisturizer, so all those who want to get some bounce in their dry skin must apply Honey (but keep in mind of not being allergic to it). There are different types of honey like Blueberry Honey (antibacterial anti-oxidants), Clover Honey (wound healing and treating burns), Manuka Honey (pollution extraction), Neem Honey ( allergies and infections) but wait first we suggest to evaluate your skin problem and then choose the best honey for it.
- Sound Sleep: Skin repairs the whole day damage at night, so always cleanse your face before going to bed to avoid clogged pores, dusty eyes, oily skin, makeup or you can also use face wipes. Apply moisturizer for soft skin, wrinkle cream, aging cream as per your skin but keep changing pillow covers after some day’s interval and sleep on your back preventing pillow face and sleep wrinkles.
Tips and tricks for soft and moisturized skin that you really need to do:
- Cleanse your skin at least 3 times a day to remove excess grime and oil that can clog your pores.
- If oily skin is your problem then moisturizers that are water based are a great option to help keep oil secretion in control.
- Use sunscreen with a good SPF. It may be cloudy but that doesn’t stop the sun’s UV rays from wreaking destroy.
- It is essential that you exfoliate your skin daily to rid it of dead cells but do so gently.
- Stay hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses throughout the day. Humidity can make you sweat a lot and skin that doesn’t have enough moisture can look pale and dull.
- Monsoon is not the time to experiment with artificial jewelry especially if you have sensitive skin. The humidity in the air will increase the risk of a breakout.
- Use Raw Honey for cleansing of skin and pores, which helps in preventing redness, swelling and keeps your skin moist and soft.